To register for this course, you need to Login or Register to APNIC Academy.
Network Security (5 days)
The objective of this workshop is to examine the concepts, protocols and the policies involved in establishing and maintaining security for a network.
The workshop focuses on different layers to establish a robust, stable and secure network to protect the data and processes that occur in the network.
Labs are used to enhance understanding and familiarity about device and network infrastructure security.
This course is designed for network engineers, systems administrators and anyone who is involved in securing a network.
It is assumed that participants have a basic understanding of network operations, Internet technologies, OSI reference model and TCP/IP. In particular, you should be able to:
- Use a command line interface to configure:
- Mac OS
- Use the vi or nano text editor for Linux
- Complete a packet capture using tshark or wireshark.
Academy resources to be completed before start of workshop
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Introduction to Cryptography
- Introduction to detection techniques
- Introduction to crypto-jacking
- Introduction to DNS security
- Introduction to Resource Public Key Infrastructure
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac) and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
Maximum number of attendees
40 participants per workshop.
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course.