IPv6 Deployment (5 days)
This technical workshop, made up of lectures and hands-on lab modules, is targeted at anyone who is involved in Internet technology standards, local and national network infrastructure deployment and day to day network operations.
The workshop will help the participants have a better understanding of the IPv6 protocol and learn how to deploy IPv6 in their network.
Technical staff who are involved in Internet technology standards, local and national network infrastructure planning & deployment, and day-to-day network operations.
It is assumed that the workshop participants:
- have a working knowledge of IP Routing, and
- are comfortable with basic linux commands and how to use a router command line interface.
This workshop is not an introduction. The lab exercises use Cisco IOS configuration syntax.
Academy resources to be completed before start of workshop:
• Internet Fundamentals
• IPv6 Protocol architecture and standards
• IPv6 Enhancements to Routing Protocols
• IPv6 addressing and address planning
• IPv6 transition technologies
• IPv6 deployment planning
• IPv6 end user deployment
• Enabling IPv6 on network services (DNS, WWW, mail)
• IPv6 security and monitoring
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers with high-speed Wi-Fi (802.11a/g/n/ac) and administrative access to system. It is also recommended that laptops have Intel i5 or i7 processor, >=8GB of RAM and 30GB of free hard disk space.
Maximum number of attendees
40 participants per workshop
Certificate of participation is provided upon successful completion of the course.