The Internet and “the cloud” are stored in large facilities. These facilities or data centres rely on power sources both on and off grid to keep the building cooled, security controlled and overall 100% available. With 3% of the global energy being consumed by data centres there is a need to look and understand how, why and what to do for the future.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Basic DC understanding. What is a DC?
- Power…. What does it do to/for the facility? Why is it important?
- UPS basics. How does it work?
- Styles of UPS
- Uptime understandings. How long can I keep my DC running for?
- Black and Green (Renewable) Power. What is the difference?
- PUE, what is it and how does it impact on DC’s?
- Locations and positions of data centres and how they work with power