APNIC is committed to the health and well-being of our community members. As we move back to conducting Face-to Face and Hybrid Events, we will be following official guidance from national and local governments regarding COVID-19 response measures.
By registering to attend an APNIC event in-person (Event), you acknowledge and agree that:
- You must comply with all national and local health directives and rules which apply in the Event location (nationally and/or locally).
- You must not attend the Event if you have recently tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms, or if you are deemed a close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19.
- APNIC encourages – but does not require – all attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. However, if being vaccinated against COVID-19 is mandatory in the Event location (either nationally, locally, or imposed by the Event venue) you must be capable of complying with this requirement before the Event occurs including to the standard required of the Event location.
- While APNIC will make reasonable efforts to inform you of any changes to attendance requirements, APNIC may be required to impose additional requirements for attendance at an Event with limited or no notice as a result of changes to the guidance or requirements of national and local governments or the Event venue itself. You agree you will not hold APNIC liable should you be unable to attend the Event as a result of any such changes.
- APNIC may be required to cancel the Event or change the Event to online-only for reason due to COVID-19, including travel restrictions, staff illness, or quarantine requirements. APNIC does not recommend attendees incur significant travel costs to attend an Event while this remains a real and likely risk and will not reimburse expenses or be liable for any losses suffered by attendees as a result of such a change or cancellation.
By completing your registration, you acknowledge that your attendance at the Event is voluntary and at your own risk. You agree to abide by all COVID-19 safety guidelines implemented by APNIC, the Event venue, and any relevant government authorities. You agree to release APNIC and its directors, officers, employees and affiliates from all liability, claims, and demands of any kind in relation to or resulting from:
- exposure or harm due to COVID-19; and
- the cancellation, interruption, or rescheduling of the Event due to COVID-19.